Constraint Manager 2.5mm radius

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

J Sidney Smith
Company Name: Lomans Fine Custom Cabinetry

Constraint Manager 2.5mm radius

Post by J Sidney Smith »

I can't seem to get constraint manager to take 2.5mm as a new radius when editing hole sizes. It keeps giving me 2.49mm.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Constraint Manager 2.5mm radius

Post by Scott Marshburn »

This is odd. However if you take the part back into part editor and create edges then hover over the geometry the radius is reading 2.5mm. So maybe this is some kind of glitch in constraint manager.
J Sidney Smith
Company Name: Lomans Fine Custom Cabinetry

Re: Constraint Manager 2.5mm radius

Post by J Sidney Smith »

This issue continues for me; cannot get constraint manager to edit and constrain holes drawn in part editor to 2.5mm radius; 2.49mm amd 2.51mm; but nor 2.5mm. Using constraint manager edit function I type "2.5mm" and get "2.49mm".

Same thing with 5mm dia holes created via shelf/partition editor; in constraint manager they dimension radius at "2.49mm" and edit function input of "2.5mm" produces "2.49" as the constrained radius.

Same thing with 8mm dia holes created as 8mm diameter holes in hardware hole editor for blum hinge inserts. Dimensioning in constraint manager yields "3.99mm" radius and again cannot be changed to "4mm" radius; instead showing "3.99mm" in response to edit input of "4.0mm".

The holes when brought into line drawing editor indicate that they are 5mm and 8mm as intended. Since there is nothing to the right of a decimal, this could be the product of rounding and may not in fact indicate that they are the correct size.

The real issue here for me is trying to develop a consistent approach to my tool setups in control nest for drilling. If they are in fact 4.98mm and 7.98mm holes that may explain a lot.

Need some help here please.