Drawer Front Grain Direction

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris B Campbell

Drawer Front Grain Direction

Post by Chris B Campbell »

Hey All,
The new trend in Euro Cabinets seems to be having the grain of your doors and drawers run in the same direction and have matching grain running top to bottom (Vertical). I suppose I can build the cabinet and use display panels as fronts, kind of a PITA, but so far that is the only way I have been able to do this. Seems to me that there was a way to nest so as to match grain also??
Any help?

Thanks,

Chris
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Drawer Front Grain Direction

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Chris,

You use the Cabinet Group Parts feature from the right click menu. When the dialog comes up, select the doors and drawer fronts that you want included in the group (Note: it will not let you add them to a group unless the grain is in the same orientation). This will keep them together in the nest exactly how they are on the cabinet. It will increase the gaps if needed to accommodate the outline tool diameter. Also, keep in mind that your sheet stock must be large enough for the grouped parts to fit or it will warn you and skip the group of parts. This usually happens if you create too wide of a grouping. Hope this helps.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

The grain on the door runs vertically by default. When you install the drawer you can rotate the grain by 90 degrees. After that you can group the parts as noted by Scott.

Dennis
Chris B Campbell

Thanks Guys,
Dennis when I install the drawer front you say I can rotate the grain direction? Not sure were that option is?

Thanks Again,
Chris
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

When you install a drawer, the construction settings panel has the option to rotate the grain for the door and the drawer front. This is the same place you set the reveals or overlays, the drawer box insets, gaps, etc.

Dennis
Chris B Campbell

LOL man I can't believe that was in there this whole time... A million thanks guys.

Chris