Shopbot Link software problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

André Bourassa
Company Name: artisan du relief

Shopbot Link software problem

Post by André Bourassa »

Hi everyone. I have a problem with the shopbot link software. I had start my computer from scratch, downloaded the link software (goes to the right location,thermwood folder). now, when i open the link i dont see the white square under material selection and when i push any button (tooling,nesting....ect) i get a message saying..c/program data/application data/thermwood/shopbot link/ibin is not a valid path. I have tried the same download on a different computer and everything is fine. Any idea how to fix this ? I have tried removing ecabinet software and link software,reinstalled and no success.
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: Shopbot Link software problem

Post by tim lucas »

Do you have administrator permission on the computer ??
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
André Bourassa

Post by André Bourassa »

The problem is not the link software because it works on a different computer. The installation is where the problem is. I cannot figure it out because it installs in the right folder (Thermwood) and everything looks good. As soon as I try to use it, it's giving me the wrong path message.
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

:? Not sure, mine is installed in "C:/program files (x86)/Thermwood/Shopbot Link"
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
André Bourassa

Post by André Bourassa »

Finally, it's a hardware failure.....a week to find out....

Thanks everyone
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Andre,
Can you specify what the hardware problem was? Dennis
André Bourassa

Post by André Bourassa »

OK Dennis, let's have a look at this. Just want to say I have my laptop back and everything runs perfectly,(ecabinet,shopbot controller and shopbot link).
Everything started when I couldn't use shopbotlink anymore,message basically saying wrong path when I would hit any button. All the other softwares including ecabinet were running normally ( I think this is what sent me on a wrong track). I did all you can do with a computer ,hd check,memory check,downloaded and uploaded every single program at least twice to end up with the original problem (link). After talking to a computer shop, they told me not to believe the good results I was getting with my computer self test. So I took it to the repair shop to find out a my hd was defective......replaced it and bingo everything is back to normal. Took me a week of hard labor to find out it had nothing to do with the link program. Dennis,thanks for resetting the registration codes. André