Nesting trouble in Link

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Nesting trouble in Link

Post by Tim Massa »

Hi All,

STILL having trouble with the back of the larger cabinet from this assembly nesting in Ecab Link. It will now nest in Ecabs but gets spit out in the link nest. Would anyone be able to take a look at what may be causing this issue? I'm using a .25" collar and cutting with .25" M.C. bits. Material is speced at 47"x97".
I can run the rest of the job and turn off this part. I'll wind up cutting it in another program to get it done but It's getting to me not knowing why this gets spit back out of the nest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tim
Attachments
Dunn Nook hall storage.esj
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 276 times
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: Nesting trouble in Link

Post by tim lucas »

Good morning Tim,

When I loaded the cabinet your material had to load and the .77MDF loaded with a width of 1/2" so the right side would not nest in ecabs, I changed the material to my MDF material and it nested fine. The base unit back would not net either with my 1/2" collar in ecabs but when I changed it to 1/4" it nested fine.

Now in SBlink I can not see your setup but it nested fine with "Nest to edge of sheet" checked and the side material changed.

Hope this helps
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Tim Massa

Re: Nesting trouble in Link

Post by Tim Massa »

Thanks Tim,

I'll try fiddling with the Link settings some more to see if I can get it to nest. Much appreciated.

Tim