Rotate End Panel?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Steven David
Company Name: David Construction

Rotate End Panel?

Post by Steven David »

Hi,

I've been using ecabinets software for about a year now and have become fairly proficient. I need to design a cabinet where the end panel butts into a wall that is not 90 degrees to the wall that the back is against. The uploaded image shows what I've come up with so far, but is there a way to rotate the left end and have it join with the back and also have the toe kick adjusted to fit? Any advice on how to make this happen in ecabinets would be appreciated :D
Attachments
angledsidecabinet.jpg
TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Re: Rotate End Panel?

Post by TonyGiunta »

Steven,

Not sure if you need this only for display purpose or you need to build from it (cnc/no cnc?) You won't be able to rotate your left end panel including any standard eCab joinery. But you can do what you want with a work around.

In the Construction Settings tab, un check "has Left end". Hit OK. This will delete the left panel. Then in cabinet editor rotate to top view to look at the cabinet from the top. Double click the cabinet to highlight it. Take the measure tool and measure the angle cut length of your deck/top. You'll then need to create a Display Panel of the same material as the rest of the cabinet. Choose the same length as the R side end and the width = to the angled measure you just took +/- any non square ends/cut you want. Bring that panel into the editor and rotate it to match the deck/top cut angle. Then use the Align Item tool for final placement. Then associate that panel to the cabinet. Then do a "left inset" for your toe kick in the appropriate amount. SAVE.

Hope that helps,

Tony
Steven David
Company Name: David Construction

Re: Rotate End Panel?

Post by Steven David »

Hi Tony,

I figured I could do this using a display part. I do actually need to build a cabinet like this, and I don't have a cnc, but I use the program for cut lists, nesting parts, figuring materials, etc. I was hoping I could do this with construction settings so that the panel would resize along with the cabinet if I changed the overall dimensions.

Thanks for the reply; now I know how to use the align parts feature to make it easier to manipulate the display panels.