Drawer front issues

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Drawer front issues

Post by Tim Massa »

Anyone experience problems with drawer fronts holding their reveal when exiting the door/ drawer editor? I have ben trying to get this cabinet to take a 7" high drawer front at the top of the three partitioned spaces. Drawers fronts will install fine but will jack up when returning to main editor. Wondering if my program is messed up as this should be a big problem reported by now. Cab could be getting dirty as well and I will try recreating this from the 'standards' library next. Attached is the cabinet in question. Drawers should be only 7" high Conestoga slabs. 1/8" reveals all way around. Taking it out of drawer editor, the drawer fronts overlap one another.
Attachments
Drawer issue.esj
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 383 times
Tim Massa

Re: Drawer front issues

Post by Tim Massa »

Tried it on a fresh cab. Same issue. Drawer fronts overlap one another when going from door/drawer front editor back into main cab editor.
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Same results trying a 'standard' Ecab box and not my go to Seed Cab. This seems like a fairly common operation not to be noticed by now. Wondering if my software might need repair?
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Tim,

On the left drawer, use a 7/16" reveal on the right side. On the middle drawer, use a 7/16" reveal on both sides and on the right drawer, use a 7/16" reveal on the left side. It looks like it is applying your 1/8" reveal off the outside of your partitions. The above work around worked for me.

Working with a frameless base from the standard cabinets, I am getting the same results you are without using the above method.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Tim
This is the same issue discussed here http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=14137
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Gene,
Thank you for the very workable workaround. I will do that. Much appreciated.
Thank you Mark for the reading link. There's always something to learn.

Tim