LDE Crashing Program

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

James Melvin

LDE Crashing Program

Postby James Melvin » Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:21AM

Hello Thermwood!

Things have been great with 6 Build 15 for months. Everything much better and faster. Until today. Suddenly the LDE crashes the program. I have tried different jobs, closing program and restarting, shutting down and rebooting, downloaded lastest video driver and nothing seems to make a difference. Sometimes my very first mouse click will cause crash. Other times I will actually be able to save a a fully dimensioned cabinet to .jpg before windows announces a shutdown. Initially (just before the very first crash) I was trying to shrink the font, clicked on the menu bar "A" and got an error message that eCabs has "encountered an improper argument". This happened repeatedly until the first crash occurred. Now I can access font size change without the error message but crashes still happen without fail.

I wouldn't have a big problem with this EXCEPT that I am trying to develop dimensioned contract drawings.

Jim Melvin
Innovative Building Inc.

Dell T1650, Nvidia Quadro 2000

Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: LDE Crashing Program

Postby Brad McIntosh » Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:03PM

James,

We have a client here in Canada experiencing the same issue. Were you able to find a solution?

FredHirsch

Re: LDE Crashing Program

Postby FredHirsch » Thu, Apr 16 2015, 12:12PM

Had/Have the same problem. Open fresh instance of eCabs. Go into LDE and change your font. For me it was changing from Arial to Times Roman. Now open your job and see if that helps. You may have to select all the text in your drawing and then change the type face. Hope this helps. Seems once this problem rears its head on a machine you can't get rid of it.
Thx
Fred
Fred Hirsch

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”