Wall to short message

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeff Christenson

Re: Wall to short message

Post by Jeff Christenson »

Dennis Englert wrote:It would be nice to know for sure what you changed. The Move Increment setting would not cause that. I've drawn some walls and played with several settings including the ones you've specified and did not have the same problem.

With regards to support. If you have a problem, we'll try to help. It is best to send an email to cabinets@thermwwood.com with any relevant files and a complete description. Often, we have to do a lot of research ourselves and/or send you files to correct the issue. Generally, I've found that it is more expedient to handle things that way rather than to try to figure it out over the phone.

I'll reiterate. Include a complete description and all the files. If it's about a cabinet, send the cabinet file. If it's about a job, send the job file. If it's about a cabinet in a job file, let us know which cabinet or cabinets. If it's about any of the modules of eCabinet's please specify.

Dennis
Dennis, Im sorry I did not think about taking note on the settings that I had while the problem was occurring. I do remember changing the place mode to free style as there is no "off" setting that I could find. Next time I will take note of the settings before I change them, guess I got excited when I saw the screen shot. And thank you for the instructions of where to email issues to, I will take note of that. I really try hard to solve problems myself before I interrupt people from their busy days, this one just had me stumped. Thank goodness for this forum and the very helpful members that respond to problems like mine.
Jeff Christenson
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

Just had to try this out - I found what Jeff might have had set wrong

If I set Snap = 0" and turn snap on I can duplicate it.
Capture.PNG
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Jeff Christenson

Tim, that looks familiar. I think you have something here.
Jeff Christenson
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

Jeff Christenson wrote:Tim, that looks familiar. I think you have something here.
Yep, would definitely mess you up! :wall:
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Jeff Christenson

I just wonder how the settings got changed, I never mess with them other than the wall height and thickness. Must have happened when I got my new PC and restored ecab's.
Jeff Christenson
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Thanks, Tim,

I played around with the Snap Settings, also as that seemed to me to be the culprit. Didn't think of zero though.

Thanks, again, Dennis