Hinge plate hole depth

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tom Peckham
Company Name: Alpne Cabinet and Woodwork

Hinge plate hole depth

Post by Tom Peckham »

The hole depth for my blum hinge plates are barely perceptible. I have edited them in the hardware editor. in the editor they show depth in the 3d view and show the proper negative depth in the description. in the cabinet editor the 3d view shows them barely there. in the nesting view the part description details them to be 1mm. I have tried editing 2 different standard blum plates and created my own pattern but none of them transfer to cabinet. What am I missing?
Tom
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Hinge plate hole depth

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Tom,

Hole patterns are stored within the cabinet file so that they are portable (can be moved from PC to PC or even sent to other members/users). So, just changing the hole pattern in the Hardware Hole Editor will not change the pattern being used in the cabinet. After modifying a hole pattern, load the cabinet, and in your case go to the Door/Drawer Editor and in the Item Window go to the Hinge tab and change the hinge hole pattern (even if it is the same name as the one you just changed in the H.H.E.), now select the Apply To/From icon and chose Apply to cabinet. You can also change this on multiple cabinets in an assembly or room or an entire library of cabinet using the Global Item Modification feature as well. Hope this helps.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Tom Peckham
Company Name: Alpne Cabinet and Woodwork

Re: Hinge plate hole depth

Post by Tom Peckham »

Thank you Scott.
I had some success, I had to delete and reinstall the doors to get the results. I did not have any luck changing globally.
Tom