Is there a way?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Is there a way?

Post by Donald Thomson »

To define mortise and tenon joinery construction parameters globally (applies to all parts)? It is time consuming to have to go to each part individually and make these settings.

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Is there a way?

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Don,

You can set face frame construction and its Mortise/Tenon Setting directly from the Global Settings tab in construction settings. Is this what you asking for? FYI: Mortise/Tenon FF construction will only turn on for board stock face frame material (if the ff material is set to sheet stock, you cannot use M/T const.).
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

What I'm am wondering is can I set the blind tenon construction parameters for top, sides, deck, stretchers, shelves, partitions. Like when you go into cabinet editor, bring up construction settings and change Construction Parameters. In there you can set dado depth, depth clearance, fit clearance, BlindDado tenon settings, placement, etc. at a global level for a cabinet or for all the editors to draw from (cabinet, drawer, stretcher, shelf, etc.)?

Can I do this a global setting for the program? Like in Settings/Preferences dialog?

I know I can change the settings fro faceframe construction.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Daren LaBranche
Company Name: Drawn to Wood

Post by Daren LaBranche »

I'd like to take this principle a step higher. Is it possible to change the construction settings for multiple library cabs at one time? I've looked into the Adjustable Features/Global Item Modification area, but it doesn't allow me to do things like change adjustable shelf setback for an entire folder of cabs. This would be super-handy.