Would be a nice option

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Would be a nice option

Post by Donald Thomson »

When working with a large project like a kitchen or batch of cabinets, it would be nice to be able to set a default door and it's options and a default drawer face with its options and dbx with its options and these would apply to an entire project.

This way when you go into the cab editor and then door/drawer editor, all the options for the dbx's, doors and drawer faces would be setup and you wouldn't have to go thru this process with each cabinet.

With a large number of cabinets, this can be VERY time consuming (as I'm experiencing with a job right now).

Just my humble opinion.....
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Re: Would be a nice option

Post by Stuart Douglas »

It took me a few jobs to get this protocol into my habit, but if you set these options up BEFORE you make your cabinets or layouts, in the appropriate editors, then they apply to the doors/fronts/dboxs that you put on your cabinets. it is important to do this before you put fronts on otherwise you are editing the options each time.
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Gentlemen,

Do not forget about the fairly new Global Item Modification feature. This is a very powerful tool that allows multiple changes to a single cabinet, or an entire assembly, or an entire library of cabinets, or an entire library of assemblies, or an entire custom layout of cabinets & assemblies, or an entire batch of cabinets & assemblies. This feature can change sheet stock, board stock, banding stock, doors and drawer fronts (including grain direction for slab doors/drawer fronts), drawer boxes, defaults for doors, drawer fronts, & drawer boxes, hardware and hole patterns (including slide, hinge, pull, KD/RTA...). It can also change drawer box insets, slide placements, can add/remove grain groupings, plus much more. And in almost all cases, you can change all this in one shot. So, please check this out if you have not done so already. Hope this helps.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Sweeeetttt!!!!!! :D :D

Thank you Scott. I didn't know about this. It would have saved me a day of staring at the computer screen..... :wall:
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

The Global Item Modification feature is really great. The more I use it the more I like it. However it would be nice if we could adjust the insets and/or the overlays for the doors and drawer fronts also.