ecabinets processes slow

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Armstrong
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

ecabinets processes slow

Post by Chris Armstrong »

my computer runs on a cpu xeon E5, 1650 16gb of ram and a nvidia quadro nvs 450 graphics card with ssd . we have another computer running ecabinets and it has an i7 cpu and 8gb ram, a nvidia FX4000 and ssd in it and it runs quicker than the one i am using, has anyone had any experience with this? any insight would be great

thanks
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: ecabinets processes slow

Post by Rick Deskins »

Can you give some examples of where you are seeing a slow down in processing in ecabinets? Maybe even post some example files that will show the slow during certain actions? Thanks.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Chris Armstrong

giving example files wont be any good as i don't believe its ecabinets at fault. it runs slow when loading in assemblies, in batch files saving the files, saving each individual cabinet in assembly. and general saving i started to believe it was because of too many cabinets in the assembly and did make a little difference when doing the kitchen in 2 files but still was running slower than other pc. basically i think its a component of the computer which is causing it to be slower than our other PC. but unsure of which component it is as i read up about the xeon E5 1650 and only read good things about it unless i am mistaken. for arguments sake i will attach a file but it will be irrelevant as i am sure its not in ecabinets
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

If the slow downs are related to opening and saving files, then the difference is the SSD in the older computer.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Chris Armstrong

sorry for the late reply, i have been away from the computer. i have tried updating the software and will give it time to see how it performs. thanks for your help