reverse build wall cutouts in elevation view

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

reverse build wall cutouts in elevation view

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Good afternoon,
Heres a first for me. I am designing a room and instead of drawing my walls clockwise I went counterclockwise. I noticed that the build direction was on the outside of the room so I simply went to the reverse build option and that put the black reference line inside the room where I wanted it to be. I wanted to put a window into the room, so facing the wall and going left to right I went 19.375 inches and put the lower left corner at 19.375,42 and the upper right corner at 118.375,84. There was an additional section of wall 28 inches wide on the right side of the window. I then cut the window and went to elevation view to admire my work. The spacing was mirror imaged to the way I drew it, the 28 inch wall being left of the window , the 19.375 to the right. It is as though the reverse build did not work with regard to wall cutouts.

I realize thatr I can simply redraw my walls in a clockwise direction to overcome this but am wondering if there is something else that I might do to correct this without having to redraw everything in order to place a window.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: reverse build wall cutouts in elevation view

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Ralph.
I see what you are describing. Although I did not reproduce the exact senior that you outlined. I do get the same results. Maybe THM could chime in and let us know what is causing this. But for now I would just redraw the walls. You could however think in reverse for the cutout for the window. Instead of going Left to right try going right to Left.
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

When placing windows and doors you can reverse the wall by selecting front or back
Capture.PNG
Hope this helps
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

thanks Tim,
one of the pleasures of working with Ecabinets is learning something new every day :) .