Blum Tandembox Sink Drawer Unit Help?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Karl Ross
Company Name: Cutshop

Blum Tandembox Sink Drawer Unit Help?

Post by Karl Ross »

Hi There,

I am trying to create a sink drawer unit for a job and also add to our library.

I have pretty much nailed it but I cant apply constraints to the profile cuts, I also get an error when trying to apply edging to the part with profile cuts. The Back part has profiled edges. The edge banding with be removed. I would also like to hear your suggestions and how you would approach this? If I was able to add stretchers and phantom parts in the drawer box designer I would have approached this differently, maybe you could look at this for a future update? :D
Attachments
Sink Drawer.zip
This folder contains images of what i am doing, the cabinet file and the error message.
(972.3 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Blum Tandembox Sink Drawer Unit Help?

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Karl,

I examined your drawer box and the issue with the constraints not staying for the profile edge cuts is a bug that is already fixed for the next version (sorry about that). It was related to the issue found by another member in this post ( http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=14302 ).

However, in my opinion it would be better to just cut a pocket (at the same width & depth as the profile tool) for these cuts and then constrain them. I noticed that you used lines created in the contour area to create the profile edges and these lines were a significant distance off the part. By design, these profiles will be created that far off the part when nested and in the CNC code. This can cause the profiles to cut into parts that may be nested next to them. If you use the cut/pocket option, it will essentially create the same thing but will automatically handle overshooting the edge of the part by the pocket tools radius.

By the way, that is an interesting custom drawer box and a clever way to get what you are after. I assume the center portion of the Dbx back will be used as the back of the cut out section. I'm not sure what the small part created by the front is for though. Although you cannot position them graphically correct, you could possibly add left and right sides if you need to fill in between the small backs and the larger middle back. I added them while examining your cabinet and set the bottom and back to be flush and it seems like it could work. Hope this helps.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Karl Ross
Company Name: Cutshop

Post by Karl Ross »

Thanks Scott,

Good idea about the pockets instead of the profile cut, that way I can apply the edging.

Nope the center section is just waste. The small piece will act as the back of the cutout. See attached link, will give an idea.
Thanks for your help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-HsEvQLkc
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Karl Ross wrote:Thanks Scott,

Good idea about the pockets instead of the profile cut, that way I can apply the edging.

Nope the center section is just waste. The small piece will act as the back of the cutout. See attached link, will give an idea.
Thanks for your help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-HsEvQLkc

Yes, that video explains it all. That is a nice looking system.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000