corner cabinet resizing fail

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

corner cabinet resizing fail

Post by Mark Hesketh »

I am trying to build a base corner cabinet to match our current construction. We build it with an angled center back 16mm thick dowelled into the top and deck, with bevelled and grooved left and right sides. Then a 4mm left and right back full dadoed into the top, deck, and gables, and into the groove on the center back.

So I have already resigned myself to creating a parent cabinet with everything except for the center back piece, with part editor added holes in the top and deck for the dowels for the center back, and a separate cabinet for just the center back piece.

When I build this cabinet with a 0 Corner Gap and make the cuts in the part editor and constrain them, I can resize the cabinet without issue. Only problem is that I cannot make the left and right backs the correct size for cutting.

When I build this cabinet with a Corner Gap that gives me the correct left and right back sizes, and then make the cuts in the top and deck in the part editor and constrain them, the top fails to resize properly with a size change. By changing the left or right width, the entire cabinet except for the top resizes accurately (as far as I can tell) but the top does not resize at all. If increasing the width, I can take the top into the part editor and there is "cut" geometry appearing that I can erase in order to get the full top, but if I am decreasing the width, the top simply sticks out and there is nothing I can do without adding a new geometry cut.

Any ideas how I can get the top to resize properly just like the rest of the parts? Really confused since the exact same opperations are performed on the deck yet it resizes correctly.
Attachments
bef33 resize issue.jpg
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: corner cabinet resizing fail

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Mark,

If you attach or email the cabinet, I will take a look at it for you. If you choose to email, send it to cabinets@thermwood.com with attn: Scott in the subject. Please post a reply here letting me know if you emailed it in case it gets caught in our spam filter.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Hi Scott, Just emailed it to you.

Thanks for taking a look at it
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Mark,

I am not sure what was going on with it, but I removed the PE cuts from the top and put them back on and added back the constraints and it seems to be working now. I sent you an email with my modified cabinet for you to use or review. I will get it to the programmer in the morning to examine into what may have been causing it. Hope this gets you going.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Thanks Scott. That will get me going for now. If you figure out what I did to make it go squirelly let me know so I don't end up doing it again.

I had tried blowing away the PE cuts and re-applying as well to no avail, but maybe I went about it in a different order of operations than you or something... but at least it is working now :)

Thanks again, it's much appreciated.

:beer: