Copy pages between LDE jobs

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Daren LaBranche
Company Name: Drawn to Wood

Copy pages between LDE jobs

Post by Daren LaBranche »

Is there any way to copy an entire page from the LDE of one job into another?
Mike Murray
Company Name: VCSS

Re: Copy pages between LDE jobs

Post by Mike Murray »

Hi Daren, I know you can copy and paste between pages inside a job, but I dont know about different jobs, have you tried? Highlight what you want to copy, then give it a try..
Daren LaBranche

I have tried that Mike, but no luck. I would like to make a library of shop drawings in the LDE for all my standard cabinets in one job and another set of shop dwgs for each job with whatever standard cabs as well as custom cabs it requires. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. How does everyone else do it? Thanks
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

I do not know if this helps or not .If you take your standard cabinet into the cabinet editor then take it into LDE. Do whatever you need to do for this cabinet then select save job as and save it as for example sink base 36_24_34P5 or whatever. Now when you open that job it will it will open in the LDE window.
Mike Murray
Company Name: VCSS

Post by Mike Murray »

Daren, I dont exactly grasp what your doing, but I also use a pdf printer called bluebeam. Its a great program, but cost something like $150 ?? I put all my diminsions on in LDE and then print to Bluebeam and put all the notes/symbols,etc on the drawing in bluebeam. You Could create a library of these for your standard cabs and then add to them as you make your custom cabs, save them as files and print off as needed..
Daren LaBranche

Scott: Thanks, but that doesn't do what I need.

Mike: I probably didn't explain it very well, so let me try again.

1) Standard Cabinets Shop Drawings Project: I want a static copy of all my std cabs in a single project file (each cab has it's own a page in the LDE). It would also be helpful if we could sort (move) the pages in the LDE to maintain them in a logical order.

2) Project Specific Cabinets Shop Drawings Project: Let's say I have a project that requires 10 cabs built to my std cab specs and 4 custom built cabs. I would like to copy the LDE pages of those 10 std cabs from my std cabs project into this project, then add the remaining 4 pages of shop dwgs for the custom cabs to this job file. That way I have a complete record of the specs for ALL the cabs I used in this project in one place.

I hope that helps clarify what I'm after.
Thanks
Daren LaBranche

Mike,

I like your idea of using a PDF app to add details to shop drawings. I use a free app called Foxit that allows me to do this & it's much more efficient at adding/copying/editing things like text, arrows, etc... to the pages than the LDE.

Thanks