detached toe

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

detached toe

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Good afternoon,

Maybe a silly question, but is there a way to set a detached toe kick on the floor. It defaults to same height as the base cabinets instead of placing below the cabinet so I have to go into elevation view in order to set the height on every toe kick that I place. Thanks.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: detached toe

Post by Rick Deskins »

In the Item Window, click the down arrow on the item and choose Change Size. You can set the mount height there.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

THank you Rick. Can that be locked in or do I have to change that every time I place a toe kick?
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

The default value for that is keep in Settings/Preferences. Click the Define Standard Dimensions button and change the "Base Cabinet Mounting Height" setting.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Rick ,
I always put my base cabinets on top of the toe kick so there is a reason why I don't want them at the same mounting height. I wasn't aware of the change mounting height option in the items menu so my solution is to change my methods a bit. I get ahead of myself and place cabinets before toe kicks when I am doing a custom layout. I will change my toe kick mounting height to zero, place a few in the room, size them, put them where they belong, and then place cabinets. After all, when I am on site doing an install that is the way I do it! :oops: :oops: Another senior moment brough to you by Ralph :) No offense to other seniors on the forum. Thanks again Rick.