Right side oddities...

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Right side oddities...

Post by Tim Massa »

I've noticed on more than one occasion cabinet right sides are not getting milled out properly. Dropped shelf pin holes being the most common. I've figured it's been the misuse of the newer shelf pin features but I've experienced pin holes not getting cut when they had been selected in the shelf construction settings.
This has required shelf pin hole drilling jigs be fabbed up and cab components to be manually drilled out.

Today I'm throwing together another job and noticed a cab's right end not getting a dado for what is clearly shown to be a blind dado on a fixed shelf. Again, on the right side of a cabinet only. Left is show to be correct.

My hunch is somethings is either jacked up with my current ecab software version running on my computer or there's something up with the latest version? Anyone else seeing this problem with 'freshly' created cabs right side's not getting milled correct?
Attachments
dado.jpg
No dado.jpg
Tim Massa

Re: Right side oddities...

Post by Tim Massa »

It's nesting with the dado's on the left and right side so this appears to be displaying improperly. Making the right end transparent reveals the dado geometry is there. Odd....
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Re: Right side oddities...

Post by David Egnoski »

Tim,

Attach the cabinet and I can take a look.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork