cabinet part list into excel

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Armstrong
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

cabinet part list into excel

Post by Chris Armstrong »

hi, ive searched this forum and not sure if ive missed a post that might explain how to do it.
we do flatpack kitchens and are wanting to be able to print out detailed sheet of each cabinet and what parts are required
for that cabinet e.g lh end, back, deck, top rail etc. to make it easier for the person working on collating the job parts.

basically we are trying to simplify the job of collating parts so we can get junior workers to be able to look at the sheet and say this is all i need for this cabinet.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Re: cabinet part list into excel

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Chris,

If I understand you wanting to export your cut list to Excel, is easy with a click of the button between the Line Drawing Editor and CNC output button.

However, I think your question is probably relative to how to separate items of like kind, once you do export the file. That will be done using Macros. Each "shop" will need their own unique macro to separate items of like kind and sort them into sizes.

There is some great videos on YouTube from Scott @ eCabinets tips and tricks regarding the filters and macros. Again you will have to customize to your own needs so the videos will just help you get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfalIKPZ1U0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Duh78jZtjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lh_fgZ7VSo

Hope this helps
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Chris Armstrong

Thats fine i can see on his version of excel there are tabs to choose from, on my version there isnt any tabs so i cant go to sheet components as he is instruction to do.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

What version are you using? You can install OPEN OFFICE. This will also open in tabs.

https://openoffice.apache.org/
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

Chris Armstrong wrote:Thats fine i can see on his version of excel there are tabs to choose from, on my version there isnt any tabs so i cant go to sheet components as he is instruction to do.
Chris,
I have found if I save my file first then open it the tabs are there.
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Chris Armstrong wrote:Thats fine i can see on his version of excel there are tabs to choose from, on my version there isnt any tabs so i cant go to sheet components as he is instruction to do.
Try going to Options click on advanced then scroll down to Display options for this workbook. Make sure that you have show sheet tabs checked.
Chris Armstrong

Okay this great, i have worked it out i have written my macro.

when i export cutlist to excel on a different job my macro isnt there. but if i open up the saved cutlist with the macro i made it sorts it out exactly how i want it.

how do i make the macro save so i dont have to keep opening up this one cutlist everytime i want to do this?

appreciate all of your help. am nearly where i want to be just a little further.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Chris. Glad to see that you are coming along well. The reason that you have to keep opening the saved job to execute the macros is probably because these macros where stored in the saved workbook. Generally when recording macros I store them in my personal workbook. If you would like to send me both workbooks I think that I can help you with this. You can PM me with the files or email.
Chris Armstrong

Scott Marshburn wrote:Hi Chris. Glad to see that you are coming along well. The reason that you have to keep opening the saved job to execute the macros is probably because these macros where stored in the saved workbook. Generally when recording macros I store them in my personal workbook. If you would like to send me both workbooks I think that I can help you with this. You can PM me with the files or email.
you were correcto on this point, i created it in the personal workbook and it worked a treat. thanks for all of you help, i will watch thos videos you sent me in due course to make it even easier but for now i am where i need to be. :beer: