Global item modification

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Armstrong
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Global item modification

Post by Chris Armstrong »

does the global modification adj feature allow you to select all cabinets and change their options e.g change door/drawer color?

if does allow you to do so. it doesnt work for me, when i highlight all door cabinets in the assembly and change the door color it goes through and comes up with a message saying that it had failed to change thos parts.
but when i highlight a single cabinet and change the door/drawer color it works like a charm.

it would just be handy if i could highlight all cabinets with the same orientation (door or drawer) and change the colour all at once rather than individual.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Global item modification

Post by Rick Deskins »

if you want to just change the color of the door/drawers or any material, use the Modify Texture feature in the room.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Chris Armstrong
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Re: Global item modification

Post by Chris Armstrong »

we dont use the room feature as we find its quicker to make an assembly and send to the machine to cut from there, was just unsure if the global item modification feature was able to change all of the assembly, but from the looks of things it cant. its not a major thing and we can work around it.