Version 6.1 What Do You Think?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Version 6.1 What Do You Think?

Postby Kerry Fullington » Sat, Nov 28 2015, 12:35PM

I have been surprised by the lack of comments on the latest version of eCabinets. The ability to lock openings is a dream come true as well as the ability to associate shelves and partitions to face frame components. I also love that we don't lose the doors and drawers when re sizing openings in cabinets. There are also additions to Global Item Modification that are great. The GIM and formula settings get better with every new build.

Thanks to the Thermwood team for a job well done. I think we sometimes might take you and your hard work for granted after all these years. I am still amazed at what this software can do. Keep up the great work and Happy Holidays!! :beer:

David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Re: Version 6.1 What Do You Think?

Postby David Egnoski » Sat, Nov 28 2015, 3:04PM

I agree 100%. Great additions to the software. The support Thermwood supplies us with is second to none.
When I hear shops complaining about problems and lack of features with the software they use, I just smile.

Thank you Thermwood!
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork

tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Postby tim lucas » Sat, Nov 28 2015, 7:35PM

Yes, well said !!

Thank You, Thank You!!

:D
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Postby Jeremy Schiffer » Mon, Nov 30 2015, 11:14AM

Ditto! The software and the machinery have defined our business.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Postby Ralph Balanik » Mon, Nov 30 2015, 3:46PM

I have little experience with any other software, but I have been a woodworker for a long time. When I decided to get into the world of CNC this software was the deciding factor and it still is. I am thankful to the people at thermwood for providing this product and for the opportunity to share this experience with people on the forum. And thankyou Kerry for the reminder. Thankyou to the folks at Thermwood the new features are great additions to an already top shelf product.

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Postby Leo Graywacz » Mon, Jan 04 2016, 10:05PM

Was forced to upgrade to 6.1. I hate to do it in the middle of a kitchen. Never know what might happen.

The lock opening size is great. Takes what use to take 3-5 minutes per cabinet and turns it into seconds. This includes the holding and resizing of doors and drawer fronts.

I had to apply the hotfix for XP. Not a big deal.

But the installation of the eCabs program took an hour. Several times I was worried I was caught in a loop, but it just kept chugging along...slowly.

I was hoping it would fix my video accelerator problem, but it didn't. But it also didn't get worse.

How does the crash reporter work. I set my accelerator to high in hopes it would work. But it crashed and the crash reporter came up. Said to add my email address and a brief note of when/why it happened. Will there be direct feedback from these reports?
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Postby Clint Buechlein » Tue, Jan 05 2016, 8:37AM

The crash reporter gathers a small amount of information related to the crash. Sometimes it can give us an indication of what is crashing, sometimes its a generic module failure that we can't relate to anything specifically. If you give us brief steps you took to get the crash and its something we can repeat here, we can get it fixed. Its just the same as before when you would get the message that eCabinets has stopped working, except now we have an opportunity to figure out why. Make sure your email is up to date in eCabinets!!! If you would mistype your email in the crash report, the only other way we can find an email to contact you about the crash report is by the email that is currently registered to your account. You can make sure it is up to date by opening eCabinets, then going to the Communications tab at the top, then clicking Verify My Email Address.

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Postby Leo Graywacz » Tue, Jan 05 2016, 8:42AM

I know my email is correct, I get my notifications.

My problem is related to my graphics, which is onboard the motherboard. I've upgraded as far as I can as far as I know. There are no more upgrades to be had. So I am forced to suspend all the acceleration in my card so the program won't crash. Which makes the 3D portion extremely frustrating.

There are some modules that I can use the acceleration on but they are dwindling as the program gets modified. So for now I have to use my computer graphics in limp mode for the program to operate. I have 5 levels of acceleration and I am forced to be on level 2, so it's pretty slow.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Postby Clint Buechlein » Tue, Jan 05 2016, 10:30AM

Unfortunately, that's the downside to having an integrated graphics card. A new laptop with an integrated card can suffer the same graphics challenges. I assume your motherboard does not have a slot for a dedicated graphics card?

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Postby Leo Graywacz » Tue, Jan 05 2016, 11:19AM

No such luck. Been operating this way since the beginning. I'm just waiting for a new version to not work for me. I'm sure it's coming. 6.1 so far has worked without a hitch.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Postby Scott Marshburn » Sat, Jan 23 2016, 6:08PM

Build 6.1 has introduce some very, very useful features. I do have a couple of tips that I would like to share.
When in custom layout using the global item modifications for the face frames be aware that if you change the bottom rail widths and you do not have a formula to restrict the deck’s bottom inset for the selected cabinet/cabinets. You will still need to take the cabinets into cabinet editor and change the deck’s bottom inset.
Also if you change the outside scribe on the stiles while in custom layout the selected cabinets will shift to the left for a left scribe change or right for a right scribe change.
Here is a video on this if you want to check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_H88Tn ... 5HomRGZb0U

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Postby Leo Graywacz » Sat, Feb 13 2016, 2:34PM

Finally bought a new computer. i7 2.7Ghz, 8MB RAM, NVidia M3000M graphics, M.2 PCIe 256GB SSD, Win7 with a high res screen. Kicks azz. Didn't even have to apply the WIn7 workaround program. So now the 3D aspects of the program just fly..... :mrgreen:
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”