Hinged Doors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tracey Marini
Company Name: Crane Woodworking

Hinged Doors

Post by Tracey Marini »

I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but it would be nice in the next update (if possible) if options for "Add Top Hinge Door" and "Add Bottom Hinge Door" could be added for doing flip-up and flip-down doors. Overall I'm liking the the most recent updates!

Thanks!
Tracey Marini
Crane Woodworking
Norwalk, Connecticut
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Hinged Doors

Post by Clint Buechlein »

It has been mentioned and added to our wish list. We do appreciate any and all suggestions to make the software better for everyone.
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Just putting in my two cents (err nickel - Canadian cents are no more!)...

We have a client that uses top hinged doors in certain upper cabinets. Apart from the given upper hinges and the machining required, there system also has mounting holes (pattern) for an assisting mechanism on both gables.

Something to think about perhaps.
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
Tracey Marini

Post by Tracey Marini »

Clint Buechlein wrote:It has been mentioned and added to our wish list. We do appreciate any and all suggestions to make the software better for everyone.
Hi Clint.

I was wondering if there has been any progress regarding this...maybe moving it up the Wish List line?

Thanks!

Tracey
Tracey Marini
Crane Woodworking
Norwalk, Connecticut
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Tracey Marini wrote:
Clint Buechlein wrote:It has been mentioned and added to our wish list. We do appreciate any and all suggestions to make the software better for everyone.
Hi Clint.

I was wondering if there has been any progress regarding this...maybe moving it up the Wish List line?

Thanks!

Tracey
Tracey,

Haven't heard anything on the topic of late, but I will make sure and bring it up with the software engineer when he returns from vacation. Don't know why, but that wishlist only ever seems to get longer, never shorter haha.

-Clint-
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Clint,
Have you ever thought about publishing the wish list with what your prority list is. If you get enough feedback on a item that is number 6 should be number one you could relook at moving it up the list maybe? This should give some of you winter guys something to think and mull over?
Personally I would love to see dimensions automatically populated. I think this may be a biggy so no holding my breath. :P
Regards
Neville
Neville Australia
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Neville Bastian wrote:Hi Clint,
Have you ever thought about publishing the wish list with what your prority list is. If you get enough feedback on a item that is number 6 should be number one you could relook at moving it up the list maybe? This should give some of you winter guys something to think and mull over?
Personally I would love to see dimensions automatically populated. I think this may be a biggy so no holding my breath. :P
Regards
Neville
Neville,

I can ask when the software engineer returns, as I am not the keeper of the list. And since I am not the keeper, I couldn't tell you where everything lands on the list.

I assume you want the auto dimensioning for Line Drawing Editor? If so, that one is on the list too haha.

-Clint-
Tracey Marini

Post by Tracey Marini »

Clint Buechlein wrote:
Tracey Marini wrote:
Hi Clint.

Thanks!

Tracey
Thanks Clint, that would be awesome. And yes, wishlists do tend to grow and grow and grow... :D

Happy New Year!

Tracey
Tracey Marini
Crane Woodworking
Norwalk, Connecticut
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Like they say, the squeaky, wish get the grease. :lol:
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
alainalbert
Company Name: Woodoer Inc

Post by alainalbert »

Something to think about. Wouldn't it be great if you could go into the door construction and change the location of the hinges even after the cabinet is done? Not only from left to right but also top and bottom.

this would be a huge time saver....