Face Frame/Cabinet Height Problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Richard J OBrien
Company Name: OBriens Custom Cabinets LLC

Face Frame/Cabinet Height Problem

Post by Richard J OBrien »

I am a fairly novice user of E-cab and have reviewed several of the videos as well as reviewed the help documentation. I am missing something while trying to modify a seed cabinet. The modified cabinet is 46 wide x 94 tall x 18 deep. No toe kick but has a face frame. The face frame is 2 inches wide 3/4 board stock and the bottom rail has been changed to 3 1/2 inches. Once the bottom rail is changed from 2 to 3.5 the sides and back do not increase in length to follow the face frame. Have tried two different seed cabinets in cabinet editor with the same results. I would appreciated someone pointing me towards a video or a help topic that would guide me in the correct direction.

Regards,
Richard
Terry Hall

Re: Face Frame/Cabinet Height Problem

Post by Terry Hall »

As I recall Richard, you have to change the deck inset when you change the bottom rail width. Play with it a little bit and I believe that will solve your problem.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Richard,
Here is a video that I have on how to get the bottom inset for you deck to automatically adjust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL-d8Ea ... 5HomRGZb0U
Richard J OBrien
Company Name: OBriens Custom Cabinets LLC

Post by Richard J OBrien »

Terry and Scott,
Thanks for the guidance. Your advice was dead on. Viewed Scotts video – nice work thanks for your efforts. Changing the deck bottom inset was leading me in the right direction. Had missed that the deck is referenced to the bottom without a toe kick. Once this was applied the sides and back still did not go to the bottom of the cabinet. Changed the bottom insets for the back and sides under construction settings which lengthened the items as needed. Still a bit fuzzy on what controls the overall length of the sides/back to match the overall length of the face frames. Back to the training videos!
Regards,
Richard