Material not found error

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Material not found error

Post by tim lucas »

I have had a problem with material not found for some time now, it was my 3/4 Generic after I modified a cabinet library.
Today I tried it again changing all the 3/4 Generic to Maple using Global Item Mod - I selected all cabinets in my library and populated the sheet goods, set 3/4 Generic to replace with maple, populated boards, set 3/4 Generic to replace with maple and proceeded with the modification.

At every cabinet I received the error Material not found (3/4 Generic) so I selected my Maple to replace it and repeated with all the cabinets in the library. (took about an hour)

All is well, installed a couple base cabinets in the room enjoying life, then tried to install another cabinet :wall:

Material not found, Board stock Maple !! Not sure what is going wrong but it cant seem to remember the material - when I click on Available Replacements only a couple choices come up, Not my full list

I spoke of this problem when it first happened and someone said I just need to add the material but by doing that I actually added another 3/4 Generic to my material list and it still had the error

Am I the only one that has this problem after a Global Item Mod on a library ????
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: Material not found error

Post by tim lucas »

I found what is causing my material not found error but not how to fix it and am not sure how the system came up with a material thickness of 0.0075" - kind of thin for a door :shock:
Capture.PNG
I did add new material for Maple board stock @ 0.0075" thickness and replaced all the door materials with it
and it works but what caused this ??
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Jesse Ogburn
Company Name: Ogburns Cabinet Shop Inc

Post by Jesse Ogburn »

I am having this same problem when I load the jobs. I make up a batch list of cabinets and save it and when I open it later I get the dialog saying I material not found and I have to select a material. Sometimes I have to select the new material once and sometimes it asks met to do it 6-12 times before it will open the job. Once in a while it won't ever let me open the job, it just keeps popping up the dialog over and over and over and...

Any Info on this?
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Can you post the job you are having trouble with?
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900