Hardware hole pattern library - such a thing?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Greg Julius
Company Name: OuttaCyTE Technologies

Hardware hole pattern library - such a thing?

Post by Greg Julius »

Does anyone know of a hardware hole pattern library? I think I've read something to that effect, but I can't find any reference despite searching on the forums and googling.

Anyway, I've got several, very popular slides and hinges for which I need hold patterns. Things like KV 8400 series of slides, the Blum Tandem + Blumotion series, various hinges with the big hole in the door.

I'm creating them, but I'm afraid I'm going to goof something up and I'm reasonably sure that these are pretty common items.

So, the short if it is I'm looking for a way to save the pain of drawing my own and bypassing the inevitable errors by using a proven set of hole patterns.

Thanks,
-g
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: Hardware hole pattern library - such a thing?

Post by Ralph Balanik »

You can access hole patterns in several ways. When you open Ecabinets there is an icon in the top row which is an illustration of a cup hinge. It is yellow. If you click on it, it will take you to a standard hole pattern library. You can load edit and save patterns there. When you are in cabinet editor the menu on the right is where you choose which type of hardware to apply to your cabinet. You will see hinges, slides, KD fasteners, there. hope this helps.
Greg Julius
Company Name: OuttaCyTE Technologies

Post by Greg Julius »

Ralph, thanks for the reply. Are you talking about the Hardware Hole Editor?

I do see several patterns in the standard directory there. The first one on the top is hinge-blum-angledcliptop-bore_3.ptn and there are many more there. Nothing that tells me that hole pattern x will work with vendor y, part z. Many of the names appear to have a part number (alas, none that I need), but some are simply descriptive.

I've tried googling the vendor's websites to see if perhaps they had an eCabinets pattern for their product, but i've struck out there.

-g
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Greg
To the best of my knowledge you will have to check and perhaps edit the standard patterns which are closest to your needs in the pattern folder or create one if you cannot find the one you need. The hardware manufacturer's website should have line drawings for their products that you can use for reference. Someone else may have another suggestion but I am not aware of any other methods.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

On a side note, all of the standard patterns included in the software are 3mm deep. You will have to edit whichever ones you intend on using.

Forrest