Ecabs doesn't recognize mid stile once a cab is saved

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Ecabs doesn't recognize mid stile once a cab is saved

Post by Carmen Addamo »

I built a standard face frame double door cabinet and saved it to my library. I then tried to edit the cabinet by adding a few partitions and a mid stile. I go to door editor and ecabs does not recognize the mid stile and treats the openings as one single opening even though I get seprate openings in FF editor. I actually keep getting a dialogue box saying I have a locked opening and cannot perform any editing on the cab after I install a mid stile. I'll just have to build a mid stile cab from scratch and save that one . No big deal i guess but do find it odd.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Ecabs doesn't recognize mid stile once a cab is saved

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Carmen,

The Shelf partition editor does not see face frame parts so if you add a mid stile in the FF editor it will not be recognized in the Shelf Partition editor. The Shelf partition editor only sees openings created by shelves and partitions. You can associate a partition or shelf to a mid stile or mid rail so that they move together. If you associate a partition to a mid stile and then lock the Face Frame opening, the opening in the shelf partition editor will also be locked.
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Kerry Thanks for the reply. You may be misunderstanding me or I you. What I was trying to say was once I created a single opening cabinet, no mid stiles, no partitions, and saved that cabinet I can no longer add a mid stile to the cabinet or even just a partition. The software views the original single opening cabinet as a locked opening. Even though I have not applied any opening locks. It will place the partition and/or stile but I will get an error locked opening prompt every time I move to a different editor or back to the main screen.

To create a two opening cabinet I have to go into the "Standard Cabinet" directory and create a two opening cabinet with partitions/mid stiles from the get go. Once saved I can then adjust opening sizes, install doors etc. as usual.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Can you post the broken cabinet file?
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Rick, I'm sorry but I would need some instruction on how to post a file.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

When you post a reply, there is a tab toward the bottom of the page that says Upload Attachment. Click on that tab then Click on Choose File and browse for file you want to post. Then click Add the file to it to the post.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Rick, Sorry about the delay in posting this. If you take this cabinet and try and install a partition, and mid stile, you will first notice the mid stile does not connect to the bottom rail. I have a negative float for the deck to act as a door stop. Then try to install a door and you will see it does not recognize the mid stile and you will start to get error prompts.
Attachments
SD Upper.hsf
(486.02 KiB) Downloaded 328 times