E-Cab 100% Crash on left pop out ribbon....

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dean Nickel
Company Name: One Source Cabinets

E-Cab 100% Crash on left pop out ribbon....

Postby Dean Nickel » Sun, May 01 2016, 6:52PM

Hi All!!!
I hope I can get some answers here, or at least a clue as to what may be going on. I've got a monster machine and have been using E-Cabinet Systems successfully with windows 10 for many months, maybe even a year(whenever it came out). About 48 hours ago, the program started crashing any time the mouse hovers over the left pop out ribbon. It happens in both plan view and single wall elevation view. And, it happens EVERY time. :wall: It is also a full black screen crash back to the desktop. It happens even if there are no cabinets in the drawing at all. None of my program settings have changed, nor have I made any changes to the way the individual cabinets are drawn. Nor have I changed any of my system settings or hardware. I've heard that Win10 is notorious for installing un-requested updates in the background. Could this be the issue? Are there any other members E-Cab on Win10 out there who have experienced the same issue over the last couple of days? I do almost ALL of my work in E-Cab. This is shaping up to be a monumental disaster. Any guidance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Re: E-Cab 100% Crash on left pop out ribbon....

Postby David Egnoski » Mon, May 02 2016, 6:50AM

I had pretty much the same problem in the past 48 hours. I disabled my virus protection and problem gone. I remembered an update to AVG happened at about that 48 hour window. Give it a try and let us know what happens.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork

Dean Nickel
Company Name: One Source Cabinets

Postby Dean Nickel » Mon, May 02 2016, 1:23PM

Hi David,
That was a huge part of the problem for sure. E-cab is still acting a little "wonkey", strange, and slow compared to a couple days ago. But the left ribbon crash issue seems to be gone. The only thing now seems to be cabinets somehow disassociating themselves from walls and move problems. But, you were spot on... AVG off equals no crash..
Thanks David!!!!!! :beer:

Rick Nagy
Company Name: Ricks Cabinet Shop

Postby Rick Nagy » Thu, May 12 2016, 5:23PM

Thank you David, I also had the same problem, shut down AVG and it went away.!

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”