Line Drawing Editor MAJOR PROBLEM

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Thomas Horency
Company Name: New American Cabinetry and Fur

Line Drawing Editor MAJOR PROBLEM

Post by Thomas Horency »

LDE PROBLEMS
Program has crashed/shut down while going to Line Drawing Editor, and once/twice while working with it – what’s up?

Jpg saved from LDE (floor plan, elevation etc), will print without problem, but when transmitted via email does not show dimensions/notes placed inside the room walls, only those outside of the room perimeter. MAJOR PROBLEM for me.

Believe there is another posting on the forum about this – it will be “corrected in the next build”, but when will that be? Anybody have a way around this, I intend to attach LDE drawings to client emails for their verification while still in job process and have deadlines.

LDE Printing is not my concern, must be able to attach to emails.
Thomas
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: Line Drawing Editor MAJOR PROBLEM

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Good Morning,
I had the same problem a couple of days ago so I made sure to save my job incrementally, Print the job, then I scanned it with my scanner and saved it as a PDF. I sent it as an attachment. Not a great solution but it worked,
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

I'm not sure I understand your workflow but I'm not seeing an issue. Are you trying to only use jpg's for a reason? If you print to pdf or make a jpeg and attach it to an email it works without issue on my end.

Forrest
Thomas Horency

Post by Thomas Horency »

Ralph - am trying to avoid those extra steps, but if need be... appreciate your input. WILL be saving often, good suggestion.
Forrest - my initial post may have been confusing. There are two separate problems in LDE, may or may not be related.
1) As I take a custom layout to the LDE, the system shuts down, giving me an option to send a message to e-cab describing the problem (which I've done)
2) I can print a line drawing (from current screen) without problem, but when I save a line drawing as jpg (camera icon), then send it via email (as either an attachment or displayed in message body), it will not completely show lines/dimensions placed withing the perimeter of the main walls in the sent image.

BOTH of these problems are intermittent, sometimes LDE works fine.
Am exploring possible factors/solutions and will post results after I've tested them.
Not sure what to do with problem #1, and wonder if this isn't a system glitch - any ideas?
Forrest, you asked why I use jpgs only. Correct me if wrong, but it is the only way to save an image, whether it be in LDE, custom layout, etc. - have I missed something?
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Thomas, see if your graphics card is up to date. Also, if you can zip your job file and post it so we can use it to try and get the same results. If you don't want it on the public forum you can email it to me through my user info.

Forrest
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

It sounds like we had that problem with one job in the line drawing editor a couple of weeks ago.
But we couldn't pin down what was causing it
We are running eCabs on 2 computers.
On 1 computer if we took the whole room in to the LDE it would crash straight away and throw up the ecabs is not working message, but individual assemblies or units from the job were okay, when we transferred the job to the other computer there was no problem with taking the whole room in.
It only happened on that one job and not since, I speculated that it may have been the old "graphic card issue"
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

Thomas
Only a work around but it might help. Use PrimoPDF. It is a free utility that acts as a printer driver but will save what ever as PDF. If your LDE prints well, it will print just as well using PrimoPDF. The resulting PDF can then be attached to your email for your customer.

Code: Select all

http://www.primopdf.com/
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

I had the same crashing problem a while back and found that temporarily disabling my AVG anitvirus software solved it. I also had a problem when I was saving jpegs from the lde to a folder. It would save the dims on the bottoms of bases, but the dims on the top of the uppers wouldn't show up. I finally clicked on prt and the dims turned green and saved to the jpeg, then I was able to send them. Testing this am though, they seem to save fine both ways, so I'm not sure what was causing the problem.
Thomas Horency

Post by Thomas Horency »

To: Ralph, Forrest, Mark, Denis and Terry – thanks for your input. Am currently fast-tracking a job (with bandaids) to have time to devote to this issue, and every one of you have given me tools to work with. THANKS!
Forrest – will be looking at my graphics card first, and a few other things before I take up your time with your offer.
Will post my findings, hopefully a solution that helps us all?
In the meantime, anyone with an idea/solution invited to post it, will be watching.
Thanks all - Thomas
Chris B Campbell

Post by Chris B Campbell »

Same problem, I use a dual monitor so it was really nice to take what I am working on into the LDE, dimension it, take a quick picture, save it, and then open it on the second monitor so I can work off of it & make adjustments or whatever without having to print. Now it's missing a bunch of the dimensions.
Wonder if it has anything to do with Windows 10?
Also used to be i could take the picture, save it with the same file name as the previous jpeg and the opened picture on the second monitor would change to my updated drawing, very nice. Now I have to close and then re-open file.

Chris
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Since I moved to windows 10 I can no longer save pdf in my accounting software. Maybe unrelated but?
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Thomas strembitsky
Guru Member
Company Name: true form cabinets

Post by Thomas strembitsky »

kinda unrelated but if you go to print the what you wanted to save as a pdf in your accounting software windows 10 comes with a "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer that will save what you are printing as a pdf you just need to pick the spot to save it to
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 @ 2.70GHz 8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
http://www.trueform.ca
CS43 cnc
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Thanks Tom I saw that recently just never tried it
Will