Catalog Cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Catalog Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

When you save a cabinet as a Catalog Cabinet it locks the dimensions when placed in a Batch of Custom Layout but I also need dimensions locked in the Cabinet Editor so that the locks cannot be turned off. I need cabinets where dimensions cannot be altered anywhere in the software.
Any Ideas.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Catalog Cabinets

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Kerry.
I haven't played with this section and you probably already know about it,
But there is a section under file>design lock>add design lock or remove design lock that sort of looks a bit like what you are describing.
Mark
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Thanks Mark,

I thought you might be right but The Design Lock feature only limits access to certain files to a specific group of users. It doesn't lock the design itself.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Kerry
I think I see where you are coming from here.
You give out a catalogue of cabinets with standard prices to a designer and they (probably inadvertently) screw around with sizes and fitting types in the CE and it wouldn't show up until it hits the machine.
Then I would imagine its wasting material, time and money.
Sometimes I would imagine you would like to lock even cabinet widths so you can stock standard size doors that take longer to prepare.

Is this anywhere close to your reasoning?
Mark
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Mark,

You are correct. I have some cabinets like curved vent hoods that have added parts (the outer skins) that are not easy to re-size automatically so I want the cabinet completely locked. I also have many cabinets that are appliance specific (Drawer Microwaves, Built in Refrigerators etc.) and some that are hardware specific (Blum Space Corners, spice rack pullouts etc.) that I don't want to allow any changes to. There are also cabinets that have arches with panel profiles included. Changes in these cause problems with the profile cuts.
Some of my cabinets can't even have the material thickness changed when writing the twd file because it causes them to lose part editor cuts.

I am looking for a way to create a true catalog cabinet that cannot be changed in any way except by me.