Assembly group parts

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Assembly group parts

Post by Tim Massa »

Hello all,

I've got several sheets of quarter sawn Wenge sheet stock that will be getting cut up for doors and drawer parts. The grain will be running horizontal on all the slab doors and drawers. As I want the grain to run as unbroken as possible thru the cabinets I've created assemblies and used the assemble group parts in order that the doors and drawers will be getting nested together in the Link nest.
Problem is that not all the doors and drawers are getting nested as they will be getting hung on the actual cabinets in the Link nest (1.0.20).
They do nest correctly in the Ecab nest (6.1.2)

My link nest is missing parts altogether. Super spendy material, glad I caught the nest eror. Has anyone tried this 'Assembly Group Parts' feature and had success with it?
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Assembly group parts

Post by Rick Deskins »

Have you tried using the latest shopbot link 1.21.2?

http://www.thermwood.com/updates_shopbot_link.htm
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Gun shy with the Beta in 1.21.2 but I went ahead and tried it anyhow. Still not working correctly. Would you be able to try and confirm?
Missing door on a grouping. Will not nest. Better than previous Link version but still not nesting all the parts.....
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Thought I'd follow up on this "Assembly Group Parts' problem. Attached is an assembly of upper cabinets whose doors will be getting cut out of the .76 Wenge material. The doors are highlighted in the 'Assembly Group Parts' panel to show that they have all been selected. for grouping in the nest. Running that assembly thru the Ecab nest confirms that the program is doing what it is supposed to do and the doors are laid out correctly in the nest.

Problem happens in the Ecab Link nest. The one cabinets' door is being omitted from the nest. Not sure why but thought I'd share the results to find a solution to this.

Thanks
Tim
Attachments
Ecab Wenge nest.png
Link part ommission.png
Ecab assembly parts.png
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Sorry for the trouble Tim. We've reproduced the problem and will get it resolved. I did notice if you nest just those 4 doors you get the desired result. This can help you get the job done if needed.
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Thanks for looking into it Larry. I'll do as you suggest to get thru the cutting. Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Tim
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Hey Larry,

Finally got around to nesting those door/drawer fronts. The grouping of the parts worked great! Thanks for the fix.

Regards,
Tim