Change Cabinet numbers?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Change Cabinet numbers?

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Anyone know if it's possible to change the numbering of cabinets in a room. Ecabs numbers the cabinets as they are placed in a room but sometimes a room is designed in an odd sequence or a cabinet is removed and replaced with another after the initial design. You often end up with wall (A) having base cabinets 1,2,9,3,13. Another issue is when you have cab #1 and then also assembly #1. It can cause confusion for installers reading off the floor plan
Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Re: Change Cabinet numbers?

Post by Stuart Douglas »

I know you could change the number of a cabinet in the batch dialog by right clicking the cabinet number. I've never done it in the custom layout editor, but I'm sure there must be a way.
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

I don't think there is a way to actually change the number(s). I've asked if it could be an option in the future over on the beta forum, but never heard back from TMC. It's really a pain if you delete a cabinet since it changes many numbers in the rest of the layout. I have, in the past, done it manually in the lde with "Note", but it's only for looks.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Well you can kind of do this manually today. When you are loading your cabinets, click the drop down arrow on the item and choose Load Options. This will give you the ability to change the Cabinet name. So you could start name you cabinets, C1, Cab1, or something like that. But you will have to keep track of the numbers. The cabinet name should show up on the label at the machine.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

It makes sense to re-number if you delete a cabinet and have no intention of replacing it. However, if you're replacing a cabinet with another cabinet, it's just a real pita to have the whole layout re-numbered. Maybe have a delete, or a replace option?
Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Post by Carmen Addamo »

I notice the software avoids assemblies altogether. Have to manually place a note in custom layout.