Drawer Fronts and Drawer Boxes

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Steve Detina
Company Name: Silhouette Custom Cabinets

Drawer Fronts and Drawer Boxes

Post by Steve Detina »

Hello everyone,

Came across this today.
I have a seed cabinet in my library. Bank of 3 Drawers. 1 small 2 large. I have drawer boxes and slide hold pattern associated with it as well.
Drawer boxes are locked at 4.5" in height with various other offsets.

I have to change the size of the bottom two drawer fronts and make the cabinet with two small drawers on top and a larger one on the bottom.
I delete the bottom two
add a new one the same size as the one above
check the drawer box height and it will not lock at 4.5"
tried everything.
any suggestions.
Jesse Ogburn
Company Name: Ogburns Cabinet Shop Inc

Re: Drawer Fronts and Drawer Boxes

Post by Jesse Ogburn »

Hey Steve, I guess if you tried everything then there is nothing left to do! :wink: Kidding...Seriously though I have run into a few issues like that and in the end it seems like the one thing that seems to work more often than not is to save everything, shut down ecabinets completely, do twenty push ups and start everything back up. Seems odd but it almost always works for me. I would say that there are bits of programming that get a little goofed up and restarting straightens something out?
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Re: Drawer Fronts and Drawer Boxes

Post by Donald Thomson »

In addition to what Jesse said, I've found that sometimes you just have to abandon (delete) the cabinet and start over. Somehow parameters get so corrupted, there is nothing you can do to fix it. It takes less time to delete it and recreate it then it does to try and track down what is wrong and fix it. My threshold for this pain is about 15 minutes. If I can't fix it in 15 minutes or less, delete and recreate. I'd rather invest my time in moving forward then running around in circles in frustration.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com