Applying Updated Hole Patterns

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Applying Updated Hole Patterns

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Once I edit a hole pattern, in this case it's for an RTA fitting, is there a way to apply this updated pattern to all cabinets in a library?
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: Applying Updated Hole Patterns

Post by Ralph Balanik »

From "file new" go to "develop cabinets or assemblies". Pick your library and select the cabinets you wish to modify. If you use the checkbox icon at the top of your library it selects all cabinets.

Select "Adj features" in the menu to the left of your library and then select "global item modification".

In the "global items dialogue" page check "always regen", "apply to files", "include subdirectories", "always overwrite existing files",

Select your source directory, select or creat a directory to write to. This has to be different than the source directory.

From the tabs at the top select "applied hardware" then select "hardware/hole pattern type"

On the left make sure to select "add/change", you can then select a "target to change", or you can simply select your "replacement".

Select "Add Rule" and the change you wish to make should appear in the dialogue box. If so then press OK. It make take some time for the change to complete because your entire library is going to be rewritten with the change.

Once it is finished you will get a message stating that "global items miodification is complete". I would then go to your new library and select a couple of cabinets just to make sure the change took place.

I hope I got it right for you but if anybody has anything to add please feel free.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Thanks very much, worked well following those steps. It did seem to disregard the cabinets I had selected, though and apply the changes to the entire library, but wasn't an issue here.

Thanks again, you saved me quite a bit of time.

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

I am guessing that selecting the entire directory would have overrode the selected cabinets. If you want to do a few select cabinets you can just select the cabinets then select the applied hardware tab without doing any inputs on the first page where you select directories, creat directories etc.
Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Don't forget, the original library that you started with is still intact.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Thanks. If I don't enter a source or output directory, where then do the new cabinets get saved to?

Also what boxes should I be checking on the first page of the 'Item Modification Dialog' when I'm leaving the two directory boxes blank?

Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Nat,
You have me confused with the guy who knows everything about this feature. :lol:

I will assume that if you do not check anything on the first page that the cabinets will be saved to the same directory or job that they were chosen from and will not be a new cabinet but simply modified. You can access global items modification from either "develop cabinets and assemblies" or from "custom layout" if you have changes you wish to make to specific cabinets in a job. I believe that the first page is meant to help if you wish to change an entire library so that nothing is left out and by saving to a new directory gives you options to go back easily. Hope this helps and like I said earlier if I have misinterpreted anything, any one reading this feel free to correct me.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Thanks, I'll play around with it some more to see just what does what.

Thanks again for the help, I hadn't even realized the software had this feature.