Shelf Collisions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Shelf Collisions

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Whenever I associate a mid rail to a shelf, usually when I have multiple shelf stacked with 0" opening between them . I may do this if using a shelf as a door stop on an inset application, as one example. I will get this shelf collision prompt when resizing the cabinet. Doesn't really affect anything from what I can see but can get annoying after a while when moving a cabinet from one editor to another.
Anyone know why this happens?
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Re: Shelf Collisions

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Never knew you could associate a shelf to a mid rail. :wall:

Good to know.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Carmen Addamo wrote:Whenever I associate a mid rail to a shelf, usually when I have multiple shelf stacked with 0" opening between them . I may do this if using a shelf as a door stop on an inset application, as one example. I will get this shelf collision prompt when resizing the cabinet. Doesn't really affect anything from what I can see but can get annoying after a while when moving a cabinet from one editor to another.
Anyone know why this happens?
Carmen,

Can you post one of the cabinets that is giving issues? If you don't want to post it, you can email it to cabinets@thermwood.com and we will take a look at it.
Leo Graywacz wrote:Never knew you could associate a shelf to a mid rail. :wall:

Good to know.
Leo,

This came about in version 6.1. It would be a good habit after install of a new version to open the help manual for the software. At the top choose the Contents tab, and the second heading will be What's New. Open it up and it will give a brief description of the new features for that version. If there isn't a new page added there, we didn't add features, just did bug fixes.

-Clint-
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I've got the newest upgrade, just never noticed it there. I've played with it a couple times and it's nice to have them associated.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com