No visible nodes

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

No visible nodes

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Since the last build I cannot actually see any nodes. Everything works as if the node is present but not able to see them. I can align parts, measure , move walls etc. but I am left guessing until I complete whatever function I am attempting to preform. Same issue on multiple computers. Anyone have the same issues or any possible explanations.
David Giesbrecht
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Re: No visible nodes

Post by David Giesbrecht »

The node you are speaking of are they the same as the ones that show up when you hit "M" on the key board? Or is it the "grid" on the room layout...
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (31.3 KiB) Viewed 6846 times
David Giesbrecht
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-7700CPU OC@ 4.8 GHz
8.00 GB DDR5 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Z270x-Gaming 5 MOBO
1TB Samsung 960PRO SSD
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

David is your attachment from the main screen of the cabinet editor? If I press the "M" key I get no nodes in cabinet editor. In my attachment you can see I am able to measure point to point but there are no visible nodes at the endpoints of the red line. Same thing if I try to move a wall in custom layout. I can highlight a wall and click on it's corners (anchoring points) and move the wall but no blue or red nodes are visible to let you know an anchor point has been selected.
No Nodes.jpg
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Carmen Addamo wrote:David is your attachment from the main screen of the cabinet editor? If I press the "M" key I get no nodes in cabinet editor. In my attachment you can see I am able to measure point to point but there are no visible nodes at the endpoints of the red line. Same thing if I try to move a wall in custom layout. I can highlight a wall and click on it's corners (anchoring points) and move the wall but no blue or red nodes are visible to let you know an anchor point has been selected.
No Nodes.jpg
Carmen,

I would suggest making sure your graphics card driver is up to date from the manufacturer. Don't check through Windows, it can give you wrong information or get you the wrong driver. Always go directly to the manufacturer's site for driver updates. I'm curious, if in Settings/Preferences, check the boxes for Force Software Rendering and Use Graphics Double Buffering. Restart eCabinets and see if the nodes appear for you. In the main screen of Cabinet Editor you should be able to press and hold M on your keyboard to display the nodes.

-Clint-
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Clint thanks for your suggestions. My first thought was graphics card but being the issued appeared on different makes of PC's I dismissed it. Will try your suggestions.
Carmen Addamo

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Okay Clint. To resolve the problem I had to un-check "force software rendering". Thanks again for your help.