Issues with corner wall cabinet doors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Issues with corner wall cabinet doors

Post by Mark McCallum »

We were adding doors to a wall corner cabinet and came across a grain issue.

We were trying to add a double door to the left side of a 3 door wall corner cabinet.
We needed the doors to have horizontal grain, but no matter the angle we put in the door dialogue box, the grain kept coming out vertical.
It would not display the door sizes properly in the cabinet editor either, creating a large gap in the middle of the doors.

https://youtu.be/jdIWbr1M80w

Rachel
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: Issues with corner wall cabinet doors

Post by Ralph Balanik »

I had no problem creating 3 doors but I could not get the grain to display horizontal on the double door. THere is either a bug or some reason that the grain will not change.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Mark McCallum wrote:We were adding doors to a wall corner cabinet and came across a grain issue.

We were trying to add a double door to the left side of a 3 door wall corner cabinet.
We needed the doors to have horizontal grain, but no matter the angle we put in the door dialogue box, the grain kept coming out vertical.
It would not display the door sizes properly in the cabinet editor either, creating a large gap in the middle of the doors.

https://youtu.be/jdIWbr1M80w

Rachel
There seems to be some issue with it not taking the grain direction into account when applying the door. I'll get it forwarded to the software engineers to look at. You can change the grain though by selecting one of the double doors, clicking Construction Settings, changing the grain angle, and selecting OK. Do the same for the other door from the double doors.

Can you give me more information about it not displaying the door sizes correctly and about the large gap?

-Clint-
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Clint
We meant to leave the bit about door gaps and door sizes out of the post.
I think that might be a sequence / reveal applied to the wrong side, user issue by us.
Thanks for looking into the graining thing.

Thanking you
Mark