is it possible to hide a wall in LDE

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

is it possible to hide a wall in LDE

Post by Carmen Addamo »

When you bring a wall and it's associated cabinets into lde is there a way to remove(hide) just the wall and leave the cabinets. When sectioning cabinets the wall can create confusion also sometimes you have a 30' wall with only 10' of cabinets which is a lot of wasted paper real estate.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: is it possible to hide a wall in LDE

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi, Carmen. You can do this by taking the custom layout to the LDE. This will bring the overhead view. Select wall from the toolbar. Select the walls you wish to hide and hide them. This will leave just the cabinets and floor visible.you can then select the room and rotate it to get an elevation view.
Hope this helps.
Scott.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Scott Marshburn wrote:Hi, Carmen. You can do this by taking the custom layout to the LDE. This will bring the overhead view. Select wall from the toolbar. Select the walls you wish to hide and hide them. This will leave just the cabinets and floor visible.you can then select the room and rotate it to get an elevation view.
Hope this helps.
Scott.
I failed to mention that you need to be in the overhead/main view when taking the custom layout to the LDE.
Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Scott thanks for your advice. I tried that before starting this thread. That doesn't work because when you select the wall, the cabinets associated with it also become selected and the hide feature then hides wall and cabinets. The only way I can see to do this is by dis-associating all cabinets and then associate them to an insignificant wall (that you would hide) while at the same time associating the cabinets you want to remain to another wall. That wall will have to remain as some odd entity out in space as you can never hide it without again hiding the cabinets you want to keep. I guess I would choose a wall that I could place out of the print area to associate the cabinets I want to keep to. I think I just confused myself by what I just wrote LOL. Even if I get that work around to succeed, that's a lot of back and forth between main view-lde-associate-disassociate for every wall.