PE holes not cutting

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ron Sloan
Company Name: Wine Country Custom Carving

PE holes not cutting

Post by Ron Sloan »

I've recreated the design of a small vacuum cabinet in eCabs with several part editor holes included. They all work fine, except for 2 , 2" holes, which simply don't cut. The partition in question shows up in the link as Partition 2. I am using the ShopBot Link, and it almost appears that the holes overlap the dadoes, but they really don't. Looks good in the eCab nest, with all dimensions shown. I've included the cabinet file.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Attachments
BlackBox.jpg
BlackBox.jpg (13.42 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
BlackBox.hsf
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: PE holes not cutting

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Ron,

Can you post an export from ShopBot? If you don't want to post it, you can email to cabinets@thermwood.com. Does it display the holes in the link when you nest, it just doesn't cut them?

-Clint-
Ron Sloan

Post by Ron Sloan »

Hi Clint,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is the file I exported from the ShopBot Link. I only loaded two panels in the nest - one that cut a filleted rectangle fine, and the one with the holes that didn't. The rectangle was colored red in the link, the circles, black.

Wouldn't let me upload the cab file export, and a zip file gave an http error, so I e-mailed it to you.

Thanks again,
Ron
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Ron,

Something is going on in the coding for Interpolate function of a tool in the ShopBot Link. For now, you can uncheck the box for Interpolate for your tools and it will pocket the holes to size.

-Clint-
Ron Sloan

Post by Ron Sloan »

Hi Clint,

Thanks again for the fast response. Interesting that interpolation has to be turned off for all the tools for it to work.

Another issue with this cabinet I just noticed, which may or may not be related, is that when generating the twd file, I get errors if I try to change material thickness. A couple of screen shots are included.
CNCRoutUtil.PNG
CNCRoutUtil.PNG (41.37 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
RegenPartition.PNG
RegenPartition.PNG (48.56 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
FailedThick.PNG
FailedThick.PNG (32.01 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
Also, whim I tried to bring the problematic part into the part editor, I got this:
PartNotFound.PNG
PartNotFound.PNG (23.91 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
The partition does, however, open fine in the constraint manager. Hmm, just noticed I can't even edit or delete the partitions or shelves, or even resize the openings. May be time to start all over, again...

Thanks!
Ron Sloan

Post by Ron Sloan »

Clint,

Must have been something in the Job File. I deleted the cabinet from the job and re-added it. Now it is working, correctly.

Regards,
Ron