Add Sheet(s) ShopBot Link

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ron Sloan
Company Name: Wine Country Custom Carving

Add Sheet(s) ShopBot Link

Post by Ron Sloan »

Hi,

I have a quick question. If I add a small sheet to a job to cut a single piece, how do I get it to nest on that sheet? After adding a 17.5" x 24" sheet, accepting it, and returning, I see no way to use that sheet to nest a single part - It continues to nest on the full sheet, which is an issue, since there is a flip-op involved.

If I use the scarp part recovery, it only seems to nest all the way to the corner, ignoring any collar setting I have.

Thanks,
Ron
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: Add Sheet(s) ShopBot Link

Post by Ralph Balanik »

FIrst if your piece has grain you have to have the orientation of the grain correct or it may not nest. If your piece is not sufficient to take into account your collar and flip op trim settings it may not nest. you can change grain direction in the link if I remember correctly but if not, try changing the dimension of the piece so that the x is listed as the y dimension and y is listed as x. This is not ideal but sometimes in the middle of cutting a project it might save you some time. Hope this may help.
Ron Sloan
Company Name: Wine Country Custom Carving

Re: Add Sheet(s) ShopBot Link

Post by Ron Sloan »

Thanks Ralph,

It was the grain direction - I forgot that the generic 3/4" material in eCabs has grain specified, so I was checking, "none" in the link!

Best regards,
Ron