two level floor / not perfect but works for show

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

two level floor / not perfect but works for show

Post by JR Allen »

Did the display cube floor and it worked for the presentation, could have spent more time on accuracy but the work comes first.
Bolick Res.jpg
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: two level floor / not perfect but works for show

Post by tim lucas »

Good presentation and nice clean look

Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

Post by JR Allen »

Thanks Tim,
I know Ecabs was not intended for design purposes and mainly CNC software but you can't beat the the visual capabilities it allows for a presentation.
My customers really like the visual aspect of the design and I'm slowly getting the hang of how to use Ecabs for the presentation without spending a ton of time on the renderings. I mostly use the program for cabinet design and costing and using the cutlist for production as I don't have a CNC, the Thermwood team has done a great job with the software despite little glitches sometimes, hats off to those guys.
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

JR Allen wrote:Thanks Tim,
I know Ecabs was not intended for design purposes and mainly CNC software but you can't beat the the visual capabilities it allows for a presentation.
My customers really like the visual aspect of the design and I'm slowly getting the hang of how to use Ecabs for the presentation without spending a ton of time on the renderings. I mostly use the program for cabinet design and costing and using the cutlist for production as I don't have a CNC, the Thermwood team has done a great job with the software despite little glitches sometimes, hats off to those guys.
I agree!! You have to work it a little but, it Is workable and my customers love it too. I have used it to make other things besides cabinets and it nest the parts with no problems. I use it for costing also. And I just purchased a used Shopbot CNC couple years ago, not top of the line, not the fastest but wow what a difference. I hope that someday I can purchase a Thermwood.
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us