Vanity cabinet with Open Bottom

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Justin Wallace
Company Name: Home Design by Justin

Vanity cabinet with Open Bottom

Post by Justin Wallace »

I am trying to work on a vanity cabinet like the attached file. I can't seem to figure out how to create the slat deck. Any suggestions?
Attachments
Vanity.jpg
Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Re: Vanity cabinet with Open Bottom

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Stretcherss, stretchers and more stretchers. I would utilze the advance settings, most importantly insets #5 and 6. When working on one stretcher set inset #5 to the slat on the left and inset #6 to the slat to the right of the one your currently working on. You will have to addresss each stretcher twice as you place one the next one in line will not have been created yet. Hopefully that makes sense.

This will make resizing the piece in the future much easier. You will still need to bring the piece into the stretcher editor when resizing as the slats will get wider or narrower as the width of the piece changes, but much quicker than the initial build.
Justin Wallace
Company Name: Home Design by Justin

Post by Justin Wallace »

I will give that that a shot this afternoon. I tried stretchers but it was telling me the two parts selected were not compatible. I probably had something set wrong. It was getting late and I was pretty tired, haha. Thank you for your quick reply.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

You'll probably have to create a dummy stretcher from left to right first so you can get a front to back stretcher in. You can set the dummy one as a phantom part so it doesn't show up on cut list or go to CNC.

-Clint-