Ladder Toekick

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Ladder Toekick

Post by Nat Wheatley »

I'm trying to come up with a simple ladder base for our closet systems. They typically need to be 2 1/2" tall, so I'm looking to avoid too many small pieces, as our vaccuum hold down doesn't do well with these. Also looking to minimize assembly time.

I've attached a photo of what I'm coming up with. It's just a panel (centered up and down)with several cutouts, with a border which is the height of the kick. The panel would be dadoes into the border. Assembly would be glue and staples.

Any input suggestions would be great. Thanks
Attachments
Ladder.jpg
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: Ladder Toekick

Post by tim lucas »

Looks like a good plan. Is it or does it need to be resizable? If it needs to be I would make it a base cabinet using the toe kick as the front with the sides, back and deck and make my cutouts in the deck.
Just my thoughts
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Re: Ladder Toekick

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Thanks Tim, I do need to be able to resize. The one I'm working on was made from a cabinet, but I used different parts than you listed (the part with the cutouts is the cabinet back). Insetting the back caused the cutout constraints to act oddly and/or disappear. I'll try it using the parts you mentioned and am guessing the results will be better.

Thanks again for the input

Nat
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3