Any way to edit dimensions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Any way to edit dimensions

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Any one know if there is some way to overwrite a dimension. I am attempting to avoid having to take the same basic cabinet into LDE for every new job. What I did was create a job out of each individual cabinet in a library. When I pull up the job, drawer base, for example, the shop drawings is already completed with any necessary standard dimensions. Some dimensions can't be applied as they are variable. One example would be the overall width. I would like to have the dimenssion lines in place for the width but with no measurement applied to it or a measurement that I could manually edit. This would save a lot of time in the design phase.

When asssembling, those measure aren't really required, as the parts have already been cut but for the purpose of redundancy or in the case of a custom alteration to the generic cabinet. It would be a nice option.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Any way to edit dimensions

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Carmen,
the only way I know to do this directly in eCabinets is to delete the dimension. then use leader lines along with notes. You could then edit the note with the appropriate dimension on future cabinets.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Scott Marshburn wrote:Hi Carmen,
the only way I know to do this directly in eCabinets is to delete the dimension. then use leader lines along with notes. You could then edit the note with the appropriate dimension on future cabinets.
Another method would be to export the line drawing to dxf, then open it in another cad program like auto cad or draftsight where the dimensions can be edited.
Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Thanks Scott. I'll start experimenting with workarounds.