Door size on lower corner cab.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

andy photenas
Company Name: woodland Kitchens NH

Door size on lower corner cab.

Post by andy photenas »

Hello fellow eCab users, I am a bit confused as to how to design the doors to fit properly in a lower corner lazy susan cab where the doors push into the cabinet i think the term is pie cut for he hardware.
What is the proper way to mount the doors as far as how flush should the doors be to the face frame? Should they be flush like inset doors or should it be fully out of the opening to match the doors on the rest of the overlay style kitchen?
And are there settings in eCabinet to change this kind of thing or is there just a standard way to do it and that is the way the program will make the doors.
I have poked around a bit and i cant seem to find any settings that allow the door to be pushed into the cabinet. The settings seem to all say what is the overlay for this.
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: Door size on lower corner cab.

Post by tim lucas »

Hello Andy,

This is a standard framed cabinet with the settings I used to create the doors. I do not see a way to make one door set behind the other where they meet so I set one door to overlap the frame by .75" and set up the rest with 3/32" for trimming. I set the it to 11/16" inset so in the view you can see the overlay. You can set the doors in or leave them out its up to you.
Lazy Door.JPG
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
andy photenas
Company Name: woodland Kitchens NH

Re: Door size on lower corner cab.

Post by andy photenas »

Sorry for the slow delay from me. Thanks for helping with this. I need to spend a little more time to get it just right in my library.