LDE -Big Blank Page

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

James Melvin

LDE -Big Blank Page

Post by James Melvin »

Hi-
I haven't posted in quite some time. I have an issue with the Line Drawing Editor. I have had this problem many times before but it always seems to be fixed by closing/opening the job or by rebooting. Currently the problem is occurring with a specific job. No matter what view I select to view, I just get a blank page. If I switch to a different job and take a view to the LDE it works.

I am using Win7 with eCab 6.1.6. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Melvin
JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

Re: LDE -Big Blank Page

Post by JR Allen »

You may want to try hitting the escape button to clear any selections and try scrolling inwards until you see the LDE frame. I know sometimes I zoom out to far and if something is selected you can't zoom inwards or out.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

James Melvin wrote:Hi-
I haven't posted in quite some time. I have an issue with the Line Drawing Editor. I have had this problem many times before but it always seems to be fixed by closing/opening the job or by rebooting. Currently the problem is occurring with a specific job. No matter what view I select to view, I just get a blank page. If I switch to a different job and take a view to the LDE it works.

I am using Win7 with eCab 6.1.6. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Melvin
Jim,

Can you post the job, or email it to cabinets@thermwood.com?

-Clint-
James Melvin

Post by James Melvin »

I discovered my problem this morning. :beer: At some point in the job I tried to set a dishwasher from the Appliance folder of the flyout screen. I was set to Align to Back but the dishwasher simply seemed to disappear when I placed it. I hit ESC and selected another Dishwasher to place but this time in FreeStyle mode. It went well and I moved on not thinking that the errant dishwaher might come back to haunt me.

This morning, in Custom Layout view, I starting zooming out until the job became very small on the screen. Sure enough, at about the 8 o'clock position on the page was a very, very tiny dishwaher. I deleted it, hit Home to return to full view of the job, asked for the LDE to take Custom Layout and "bingo"! All is well! It seems the stray dishwasher (it must have been 300 feet away) somehow caused the LDE to reference an area for view that was mid distance between the dishwasher and the room in question. I noted this when performing the same "zoom out" while in the LDE in Custom Layout view. Interesting too was the fact that there was a large rectangle (almost the size of the room itself) directly between the Room and the Dishwasher. That large rectangle did not show in the Custom Layout area even when zoomed out.

Maybe this will help someone avoid a few grey hairs.

Jim