Duplicating cabinets for better nesting.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael Holling
Company Name: Wadsworth Joinery

Duplicating cabinets for better nesting.

Post by Michael Holling »

Hi all,
I am making seven kitchenettes and have created one of them (which comprises of three cabinets and a benctop). Is there any way that I can multiply that kitchenette by seven to get better nesting and less waste, or do I have to create it seven times in the same room to do so?
Thanks--Mick.
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: Duplicating cabinets for better nesting.

Post by tim lucas »

If you save the three cabinet and the bench as an assembly you can put the assembly in the room seven times and it will nest them together, you dont have to lay them out neatly or anything. I have a small project that I make a bunch at once and i just put 35 in the room and then nest them together.
Ecabs has a batch process but I have not used it yet so maybe someone will chime in if that would work otherwise as far as I know you have to put them all in one room.

Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Michael Holling wrote:Hi all,
I am making seven kitchenettes and have created one of them (which comprises of three cabinets and a benctop). Is there any way that I can multiply that kitchenette by seven to get better nesting and less waste, or do I have to create it seven times in the same room to do so?
Thanks--Mick.
I assume this is in nested view of eCabinets since you didn't mention if it is at the machine. Have your job loaded and go to the nested view. On the left side choose filter. Click the plus sign next to Untitled to open the tree. For each item you want multiple of, left click to select it, press enter on your keyboard, type the new amount, and press enter. Click OK on the dialog and nest your multiples of the same cabinet.

Alternately as Tim suggested you can have multiple in a room, or add multiples of the cabinets in a batch.

-Clint-
Michael Holling

Ok thanks guys I'll give that a go.
Much appreciated.
Mick
Michael Holling

Thankyou Clint the filter tab does exactly what I wanted. It's easy when you know how!
Much appreciated mate.
Cheers---Mick :D