Dovetail drawer depth not resizing properly

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Dovetail drawer depth not resizing properly

Post by Forrest Chapman »

This happens after every beta test. My dovetail drawer depth doesn't resize properly. This drawer is loaded into a cabinet with no parts and no insets so the cabinet size is the actual size of the drawer. When I resize it from 21" deep to 21.125" and hover over the drawer it says it's actually 21.075" deep. The only way to fix it is to delete it and reinstall.

Forrest
Attachments
Baltic NandB.hsf
(2.79 MiB) Downloaded 348 times
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Dovetail drawer depth not resizing properly

Follow up.

I opened the job today to change one of the drawer sizes. I took the drawer from batch into cabinet editor and notice the depth was still off. However, when I change the width the depth corrected. I also tried just opening construction settings and clicking, it okay also fixed the depth. Totally baffled.

Forrest
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Forrest,

I looked at it for a few minutes yesterday then got wrapped up in other stuff. The first time I resized it, I had the same issue you did. At least close to what you did. My display size was wrong versus actual measured and inputted size, but the numbers weren't the same. I had seen an issue like this with another person when they were using a laptop with an integrated graphics card so in Settings/Preferences I checked the boxes for Force Software Rendering and Use Graphics Double Buffering to take the processing off my dedicated card. Restarted eCabinets and the drawer resized as it was supposed. Unchecked the settings, restarted eCabinets to verify it would not resize correctly and it has resized correctly every time since then. Even after a computer reboot this morning and trying just now, it still resizes correctly without checking the boxes in Settings/Preferences.

I have not solid explanation for you, other than try what I did and maybe see if there is a driver update for your graphics card?

-Clint-
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Thanks Clint, its weird that it happens after every beta test and not during. I looked back at my emails to Thermwood and found 3 other instances over the years where I have reported it, only the size differences were more dramatic then this time for me. This only happens when I resize the depth.

I'm running a Quadro dedicated card so not sure if changing the settings apply to me but the easiest thing is to just delete it from the cabinet and reinstall. That always fixes it.

Thanks, Forrest