Wish list

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

David Giesbrecht
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Wish list

Post by David Giesbrecht »

I guess since the Thermwood Team hasn't setup a wish list post I will keep leaving my wish lists here and there... :lol: :roll:

1- Display the hinge drilling placement with a "mouse over". For those that have to redo a door after the cabinet is on site this would be AWESOME!!

2- I am working with nixing our other cabinet program and moving our pricing into ecabinets. If there was an option to put misc. line items into a cabinet pricing would be awesome with out messing up the existing hours. Say job stain charge $600.
David Giesbrecht
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-7700CPU OC@ 4.8 GHz
8.00 GB DDR5 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Z270x-Gaming 5 MOBO
1TB Samsung 960PRO SSD
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: Wish list

Post by tim lucas »

You can add job items with cost - also you can add items to a cabinet -

hover over right side, select Job Buy List, or Cabinet Buy List, you may have to scroll to the bottom and / or scroll to the right to see Add Items to Job or Add Items To Assembly.

Not sure about hinge

Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

David Giesbrecht wrote:I guess since the Thermwood Team hasn't setup a wish list post I will keep leaving my wish lists here and there... :lol: :roll:

1- Display the hinge drilling placement with a "mouse over". For those that have to redo a door after the cabinet is on site this would be AWESOME!!

2- I am working with nixing our other cabinet program and moving our pricing into ecabinets. If there was an option to put misc. line items into a cabinet pricing would be awesome with out messing up the existing hours. Say job stain charge $600.
1. Can you be a little more descriptive about this?

2. To add to Tim's post, you can double click to select the cabinet, and then Add Items to Assembly becomes Add Items to Cabinet. Then you don't have to save the cabinet as an Assembly to retain the added parts to it.

-Clint-
David Giesbrecht
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Post by David Giesbrecht »

Thanks Tim/Clint, for the help with adding items. Exactly what I was looking for! I am not sure why I missed it in the "Help" :roll:
1. Can you be a little more descriptive about this?
So we have a cabinet with a door that has a 2 roll outs shelves. The bottom hinge has to get drilled at 120mm and the top at the standard 100mm the middle one can be right in the middle of the two because the middle roll out is there so we do a center offset of -57mm. If this is all put into construction defaults before placing the door it works (but usually doesn't happen). Now the cabinet is brought on site and the door gets damaged and we want to have a new one made up before we go back. Just to explain we bore our hinges on a mini press not the machine, so we don't have any easy way to tell where to bore. Is there a way to get those hinge locations without nesting the gables and figuring out center of hinge holes minus door gaps, partitions, yada yada? This works it just is a bit time consuming and to much room for human error.

So just wondering if there would be a way to add a line in this box.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (13.42 KiB) Viewed 6504 times
Hinge Location(s) 1- 100mm, 2- 743mm, 3- 1503mm
All referenced from top of door.

Does that explain it Clint?

BTW the Rolling eyes on the first post was my random posting!! Not Ecabinets! Awesome program! Loving the updates.
David Giesbrecht
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-7700CPU OC@ 4.8 GHz
8.00 GB DDR5 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Z270x-Gaming 5 MOBO
1TB Samsung 960PRO SSD
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

That makes sense thanks David. I'll pass your request along to the software engineers.

-Clint-