Program closes when clicking line drawing editor icon

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeff Christenson

Program closes when clicking line drawing editor icon

Post by Jeff Christenson »

Hello,
I have had trouble lately with E-cabs closing when I select the line drawing editor or if I go to print my layout in the line drawing editor. Very annoying, I have to make sure a I constantly save every thing I do then restart the program. On the second time (after the re-start) I can go to the line drawing editor but it will close if I want to print. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Jeff C
Jeff Christenson
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Program closes when clicking line drawing editor icon

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jeff,

A couple things to try:

- Make sure your printer driver is up to date.
- Make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.
- Set a different default printer and see if the issue persists with a different printer selected.

When checking for drivers do not check through Windows Updater. Always go directly to the manufacturer of the printer or graphics card website to check for updates. Windows will likely not give you the latest driver.

-Clint-
Jeff Christenson

Post by Jeff Christenson »

Thank you Clint, I will give it a go. I think I have had this problem when going from custom layout to line drawing editor as well so Im not sure its a printer error but will certainly check those drivers just in case. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.
Jeff Christenson
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jeff,

A few other things that came to mind. In Settings/Preferences, is the box checked for Disable Crash Reporting? If it is, uncheck that box and see if when the software crashes you get a box to send in a crash report. That may help us see what is going on. If you do send in a report, be sure to let me know what time (and time zone you are in) you sent it so we can match it up.

You can also try going to C:\ProgramData\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems and deleting the file DrawingsPrinterSettings.ref. This is the file that stores all of your printing information so you'll need to go back into Printer Setup and set all your defaults back.

-Clint-