Drawer Reveal Issue

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Thillemann
Company Name: Racine Woodwork

Re: Drawer Reveal Issue

Postby Terry Thillemann » Wed, Jun 27 2018, 8:12PM

Tim, I'm not certain but I'm guessing that would cause me to loose my 1.5mm reveal accuracy as well as have an impact on the 15.5mm Baltic Birch drawer boxes but that's just a guess.

Excellent news, I was able to get the drawers to be sized exactly as I've created them, and have the 3mm top reveal, by using a cabinet from the 32mm library as a seed! BTW, the rounding checkbox is unchecked. I'm not sure what the difference between them are but something for sure. Because it's missing a top stretcher, drawer boxes are incomplete, etc., I'll have to explore various cabinets and determine how to modify this one in order to make the seed cabinet I need from it.

Thanks!!
Attachments
Drawer Complete.jpg
Drawer Front.jpg

Terry Thillemann

Postby Terry Thillemann » Wed, Jun 27 2018, 9:09PM

I see some min incr on the original tooltip and don’t see it on the latest cabinets ... I guessing it’s a setting somewhere that was causing the drawer to grow. I’ll have to dig through all the construction settings and get a better understanding of them so I have the seed exactly as I want it.

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Postby Ralph Balanik » Thu, Jun 28 2018, 11:25AM

I was born at a time when the imperial(inch) system was the standard in Canada so that system was burned into my brain. When I was in my late teens, the powers that be decided to move to the metric system to make international trade easier. I still do conversions back and forth from metric to imperial. I am not sure if I am competent in either now but I am often frustrated. :( . WHat I have found is that edgebanding is sold in .5 mil, 1 mil, 2mil, Etc. and I am not sure if useing the round off feature might be shooting ones self in the foot somewhere along the way for that reason. I looked at the door offerings and determined that conestoga doors are available in .75 inch and 1 inch and there is no way to change the thickness so your doors and drawers fronts if chosen from the conestoga library will always show a thickness of 19.05mm or 25.4mm. In the MDF and slab door libraries you can choose your sheet stock, so the thickness can be altered, and I believe if you choose a thermwood door you can change the board stock so I think you have some control over thickness with those too.

Terry Thillemann

Postby Terry Thillemann » Thu, Jun 28 2018, 11:58AM

Thanks Ralph, I did not know that, and I’m either going to make my own doors or outsource them, the Conestoga were just for getting something put together quickly.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”